Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fiber Club!

I finally started a fiber club! I've been wanting to do one for sometime now and I don't know why I put it off for so long. It's so much fun!

The subscription lasts for 3 months, September, October, and November. Each month the members get one braid of fiber dyed up in an exclusive club colorway. The braid weighs between 3 to 5 ounces depending on what kind of fiber I use for the month. The memberships sold out fairly quickly so I may start a waiting list for the next round for new members. Current members are guaranteed a spot if they choose to be in it again. :)

I wanted to do something really special for the first one so I found an amazing blend! It's 50% silk, 30% superwash merino, and 20% seacell. It is soooo amazing to work with!

My inspiration for the fiber colorway was the Autumn Moon Festival. Every year on the 15th day of the 8th month of the lunar calendar the moon is at its maximum brightness. It occurs late September or early October. This year its on Oct. 3rd. It is traditonally spent with loved ones to give thanks, eat mooncakes, and make paper lanterns. I focused on the paper lanterns and tried to create September's Fiber Club colorway thinking of the lanterns glowing against the brightly moonlit night sky. Deep plum, purple, navy, and blues with a touch of a fiery glow. I hope everyone will enjoy spinning it while thinking loving thoughts of family and friends. :D







1 comment: